Hillsborough Parish Church, Ireland
Rusting hulk of World War One German U-boat emerges after almost a century
- It is the only German submarine visible in UK waters today and is a visible reminder of the Great War
- The submarine is thought to be a UB-I22 submarine and would have carried 10 torpedoes
- After the war the German UB-122 was initially stripped of its internal metal engines to be used for scrap metal
- The wreckage can still be seen beached in a remote area of mudflats on the banks of the River Medway in Hoo, Kent
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2526946/A-monster-British-coast-Rusting-hulk-World-War-One-German-U-boat-marooned-Kent-island-century.html#ixzz2o2TW2BC6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Man Man - Haute Tropique
The Slav Epic by Alphonse Mucha consists of 20 large canvases depicting the history of Czech and Slavic peoples, painted from 1910 to 1928.
Click for captions! The rest are available on my tag.
For more information, click here.
My prof showed us this picture of a prokaryotic cell and I just really enjoy staring at it. I don’t know why.
I love these pictures too. (There are a bunch of them, not just microbes, by David Goodsell.) I think one reason I like them so much is because they they show that the cytoplasm isn’t just empty space. It’s really crowded in there!
30 Day Challenge // Day 23 // Something That Makes You Happy
I’ve learned how to cook since I moved out to California. It’s therapeutic. And delicious~ I garnish everything with a fried egg, and I never regret it.
This campaign has a lot of awesome stuff going for it.
1) Transgender PoC make up about half the face of the campaign.
2) There is a genderqueer person (!!) and their caption respectfully uses “person” instead of man or woman.
3) Plus-sized trans* people for the win!
4) Finally a campaign explicitly for trans* people that emphasizes our deserving respect and courtesy.
5) The transgender women and men are included in “any woman/man” which is huge because it emphasizes that trans* women and men are women and men too; it leaves no room for argument and doesn’t turn it into a debate about genitals.
6) Emphasis on our being a part of the communities we live in. We aren’t any different than anyone else.
I really love the DC Transgender Respect campaign and I wish more states and cities would launch stuff like this!
Real proud of my hometown today.
yes! this is wonderful!